Thursday 11 July 2013

Retirement approaches - lessons seem like a good idea

As I will be retiring soon I will have more time to devote to other things. Boating, walking the dog, learning Welsh, playing melodeon.

Last week I went to watch a local morris side dancing out at our local. I was interested anyway, but I thought there might be an outside chance that the man that sold me my melodeon might be playing there, and I thought he might be prepared to give me a lesson or two before I disappear for the summer on my boat(s). I want some help to iron out some poor habits I am developing before they become entrenched - which is quite likely given how long I will be away for, especially as I will have more practice time than previously.

Well, I struck lucky. He was there, he was prepared to give me some lessons, so I'm now trying to practice a few key tunes before I see him next week.




No comments:

Post a Comment