Thursday 1 November 2012

Useful information

I've been at this only 10-12 days now (playing for about 4!), and I've already found out a huge amount of information. Vast amounts of useful, free information is out there on the Internet. This is a post to collect some of that together, not just in case anyone else stumbles past this blog - but also so that I've got the useful stuff in one place and can find it when I'm away from my home/ bookmarks/ favourites, etc.

Melodeon.net - the place to go for information, forums, etc. Specific pages include:
Beginners - does what it says on the tin - loads of useful information for beginners
 

Find a tune - useful for finding ABC formats for tunes (more about this in the links in Beginners
ABC Convert-a-matic Concertina.net's converter for ABC formats - produces music manuscript and a midi file of the tune.

Inside a melodeon - Youtube video showing the inside of a melodeon.
 
DaddyLongLes is a music teacher who has loads of useful videos for several different instruments.

I started with his The Melodeon - a beginner's guide series, which explained a lot of terms and made a lot of things much clearer:
A beginner's guide 1
A beginner's guide 2 
A beginner's guide 3
A beginner's guide 4
A beginner's guide 5
  
He's also got a series of about 10 lessons - links, music and tabs on his website DaddyLongLes. I'm working my way through these at the moment.

There is also an occasional blog about learning to play the melodeon - links also on web-site.

I'll add to this as I find other interesting or useful information.


No comments:

Post a Comment